Da Gadgetz

All about the latest technological gadgets


Griffin Technology, the company who created the first iPhone controlled hardware with the iTrip, has also made another version of this device with the iTrip Auto. Designed for both the iPod and iPhone, it uses SmartScan technology to transmit your playlist to your car stereo.




All the user has to do is plug in the iTrip Auto to their Apple device with the Apple connector, then start their music. The other end of the cable gets plugged into the car’s cigarette lighter, which will power the transmitter.



From there, it is as simple as hitting the “SmartScan” button which has the ability to find out what is the best frequency to use for the user’s iPod/iPhone. The only thing left to do is manually dial in the frequency on the car’s FM radio, then bam! You’ve got music.



I tried this out and discovered it was way too easy to use. I did have to turn up the volume on my stereo way up in order to hear my Playlist, though. This gave me quite a surprise when I came back to my car, started the engine, and was blasted by the loud volume.



You can purchase the iTrip Auto FM Transmitter and Car Charger for iPod and iPhone right off the Griffin Technology site for $59.99 (iPod only version) or $69.99 (iPod and iPhone compatible version).

0 comments: